What’s the focus of the Reinvention Summit?
The Reinvention Summit is designed to move you into the world of possibility; a bigger container where old constraints, obstacles, and problems become less daunting, and the essential truth of your story comes to the surface. The stories you tell literally make the world.
Here are some of the storytelling trends we’ll cover:
- How personal branding is reinventing career management
- How social media is reinventing communications
- How participatory culture is reinventing advertising
- How a shift in values is reinventing social change
- How distrust is reinventing public relations
- How sustainability is reinventing the business model
- How spirituality is reinventing meaning
- How storytelling is reinventing identity
- How culture is reinventing culture
Mark Your Calendar
The Virtual Conference is an online event, with three content themes: (a) Personal reinvention, (b) Business reinvention, and (c) Social reinvention. Because at the end of the day, there are three storytelling spheres to our identity – the self, the tribe, and the collective. And it’s time we better integrate these three different aspects of ourselves.
There will be presentations, interviews, and panel discussions designed to support your journey into a bigger story. Imagine 30+ of the world’s leading minds discussing the process of reinvention from a narrative perspective. Plus Virtual Conference features to deepen your learning, help you network and make valuable connections with fellow participants.
Track 1: Personal Reinvention
Everybody seems to be in some form of reinvention. Switching careers. Going back to school. Starting a new business. Becoming a free agent. It takes many forms. Isn’t freedom a scary thought? You can be anybody you want to be. Now, how the heck are you going to tell your story?
- Where do I start in the overwhelming task of changing my life?
- Why does getting clear about my story make such a difference?
- What can organize all the multiple parts of myself into a unified self?
- How can I build a personal brand without coming off like a douche?
- How do I get others to embrace and appreciate the reinvented me?
Track 2: Business Reinvention
The rules of business are changing. The old ways of communicating don’t work like they used to. Innovation is the new business as usual. Many brands are trying to reposition and reframe themselves in the eyes of audiences.
- How do you communicate and sell authentically as a company?
- What are the new values of this cultural consumption shift?
- How does a company structurally go about reinventing itself?
- How do you get the new change story to stick with others?
Track 3: Social Reinvention
Society and culture are also in flux. The old stories are loosing relevance. Story is at the heart of all real social movements. Beyond the personal self and our tribal affiliations, society norms and values are changing. What are the implications for social change, and how does one more deeply activate cultural renewal?
- What are the new storytelling models for social innovation?
- How to change perceptions and the stigmas around social change?
- What makes people identify with a story bigger than themselves?
- What are the new global values that transcend politics or geography?
- Why do so many nonprofits keep telling such an out-moded story?