Bloggers are the Ultimate Storytellers!
Welcome to the Reinvention Summit: World’s First Virtual Summit on the Future of Storytelling, November 11-22, 2010.
Our Invitation to You
We need your help to spread the word and want to learn about your own reinvention and relationship to storytelling. The Reinvention Summit is designed to be a co-creative process engaging thousands around the world on the power of reinventing our world through the use of narrative. That’s why as a blogger, we want your voice and insights in the mix. You represent the democratization of storytelling.
Consider the following ways of participating:
- Write a Blog post with your POV on reinvention/storytelling
- Record a YouTube video with your POV on reinvention/storytelling
- Reveal your personal reinvention story in blog or video post
- Share the LINK to free download of Storytelling Manifesto
- Share the LINK to Reinvention Summit (access starts at just $11.11)
- Share the Coupon Code to Reinvention Summit
What is the Timing for This?
You can share your story and promote these resources anytime, and especially leading up to Nov 11, the start date of the Summit. Since sessions are recorded for playback, you can also still blog, contribute, and promote through November 22, and beyond. This year’s Summit, is the first of an annual gathering, with on-going discussion to continue in the coming months. You’re invited to join this growing community that is passionate about the evolving boundaries of story.
Bonuses for Bloggers
As a thanks for your blog posts, video diaries, and other musings related to the Reinvention Summit, we’d like to offer you a discount coupon to share with your audience, a complimentary download to our Storytelling Manifesto, and a FREE press pass for yourself!
- Coupon for $25 OFF an Activators or Explorers Pass. Use code: REINVENTION
- “Believe Me: a Storytelling Manifesto for Change-makers and Innovators”. Our 88-page gift to you! Complimentary download is available at http://www.believemethebook.com
- To Redeem your FREE Press Pass send an email to Jodi with the words Blogger Outreach in the subject. Include the following information: Name, Email, Twitter ID, Blog URL. You will receive an email Monday, 11/8 with summit details and access information.
We’d like to provide you with some basic information about the Reinvention Summit:
WHAT: This two-week virtual conference will focus on the power of the narrative to challenge assumptions and identify ways to change the world. Via webinar and online voice and video calls, business leaders and social change-makers will share best practices for creating and delivering stories that can help us to reinvent – as organizations and individuals.
WHO: Michael Margolis, president of Get Storied, has organized a list of speakers to present summit content and engage people across disciplines. Speakers include:
- John Gerzema, President BrandAsset Consulting, Young & Rubicam
- Tiffany Shlain, founder, Webby Awards, and doc/cultural filmmaker
- John Elkington, pioneer of corporate social responsibility/sustainability
- Nancy Duarte, author, Slideology and Resonate: Present Visual Stories
- Julien Smith, co-author, Trust Agents, pioneering podcaster
- A full list of speakers is available at rs1.reinventionsummit.com/speakers
WHEN: Nov. 11 through 22, 2010 (with sessions recorded for playback)
WHERE: Online at rs1.reinventionsummit.com with costs starting at $11.11 and offering 30+ hours of content, online collaboration, and bonus downloadable materials.
WHY: Against the backdrop of the nation’s recession and quickly changing communications, many organizations and individuals experience the need to reinvent themselves, their campaigns, and their engagement strategies. A longtime storytelling consultant, Margolis focuses on the power of narrative — the most basic and emotionally resonant form of human communication.
Get Storied (www.getstoried.com) is a leading voice for the business of storytelling. In producing its first annual Reinvention Summit, Get Storied has received support from a team including more than 40 individual producers and partnerships with Abraham Harrison, Alphachimp Studios, Fenton Communications, A. Smith Consultancy, CSRwire, Jawbone.tv, PSFK.com, Center for Conscious Creativity, Center for Digital Storytelling, Mother Nature Network, ThoughtLead, TalentZoo.com, and StoryRiver Media.
Reinvention Summit Logo – rs1.reinventionsummit.com
Storytelling Manifesto Image – www.believemethebook.com
Get Storied Logo – www.getstoried.com
Reinvention Summit: 2-week Virtual Summit on Future of Storytelling, Nov 11-22, 2010.
We are gathering a new tribe of storytellers: change-makers, marketers, entrepreneurs, and creatives who see storytelling as critical to their work and mission. There’s a star-studded line-up of 25+ speakers with diverse backgrounds to lead teleseminars, interviews, and panel discussions that relate to the future of storytelling as our world goes through reinvention. All sessions are recorded for playback. The online summit includes lots of social networking, collaboration, and crowd-sourcing for those who feel inspired to play. Entry-level pricing starts at just $11.11. To learn more: visit rs1.reinventionsummit.com
Have you heard about the Reinvention Summit: World’s First Virtual Conference on the Future of Storytelling?
It’s a totally bold and audacious attempt to break out of the old silos, explore the expanding role of narrative in the context of personal, business, and social reinvention. It takes place ONLINE, November 11/11 through 11/22. Imagine 30+ hours of content, social networking, and bonus materials – starting at just $11.11. Sessions are recorded for playback so you can chill out and take part in this global happening anytime.
Who’s this for? We’re gathering a new tribe of storytellers: Change-makers, marketers, creatives, innovators, bloggers, filmmakers, coaches, and entrepreneurs who all see narrative as fundamental to what they do. We’re all in the midst of such dramatic change in the world, moving from old stories to new stories. As you know, the new story is still a work in progress for many of us, even visionaries amongst us. That’s why we all need to come out of isolation and connect with others about the new tools, vocabulary, and frameworks of storytelling – our most basic human technology for this adaptive age.
This is not your usual cast of characters. Our diverse lineup of world-class speakers include John Gerzema, Tiffany Shlain, John Elkington, Nancy Duarte, Julien Smith, Annette Simmons, Johnny B. Truant, Katya Andresen, and many others who are blazing new narrative paths. Beyond a bunch of speakers, there’s lots of social networking and co-creative ways for people to engage and contribute to this convergence.
This whole thing is being produced by Get Storied, with help from a lot of friends and partners. It’s been a total stone soup creation. So…can you join us? 30+ hours of inspired content for just $11.11?! We would really appreciate if you could spread the word via social media. Twitter is @getstoried and the hashtag is #reinvention. There’s something special we’re trying to create here. But we need your reinvention story and passion in the mix. Visit the website – http://rs1.reinventionsummit.com
“Believe Me: a storytelling manifesto for change-makers and innovators”. Our 88-page gift to you! Complimentary download is available at http://www.believemethebook.com/
1. “If you want to change the world, change your story” Join us for the #Reinvention Summit: World’s First Virtual Conference on Storytelling!
2. We’re gathering a new tribe of storytellers: change-makers, marketers, creatives, and innovators! #Reinvention Summit: http://bit.ly/d7SvFA
3. Get access to 30+ #storytelling experts for the price of a beer and sandwich! Register for the #Reinvention Summit NOW http://bit.ly/d7SvFA
4. Are you a change-maker looking to tell a bigger story? Dozens of virtual workshops for $11.11: http://bit.ly/d7SvFA
5. Learn from 30+ visionary voices on how #story will help reinvent your life, business, and society http://bit.ly/d7SvFA
6. Undergoing #reinvention and looking for a NEW story? Join the World’s First Virtual Conference on #Storytelling:http://bit.ly/d7SvFA
7. The story is changing. It’s time for #reinvention. Learn from 30+ experts on the future of #storytelling:http://bit.ly/d7SvFA
Reinvention Summit Blog
Let us know about your blog post, video diary or other related creative musing, and we will cross post on our Summit website.
If you are passionate and have a point of view on storytelling, you might also want to be a guest contributor for our main website and emerging blogazine, GetStoried.com.